Chicken Tikka Masala
A very tasty thick chicken curry dish. Great with
naan or rice.
2 Tbsp cumin seeds
2 Tbsp coriander seeds
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
red food coloring
juice of lime
10 oz thick yoghurt
salt to taste
1.5 lb chicken, diced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
oil for cooking
1. Grind the spices and mix with marinade ingredients.
2. Immerse chicken in marinade and leave in the fridge
for 24 hours.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan until very hot. Stir fry
chicken vigorously for about 5 mins (you may need
to do it in 2 batches, depending on the size of your
pan) Remove chicken and keep warm.
4. Fry onion and garlic until just browning and return
chicken with any remaining marinade and water.
5. Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is nice