BBQ and Grilling
- Keep a small plastic bag in your can of vegetable shortening.
When it comes time to grease a pan, just slip your hand in the bag,
scoop out what you need and spread it on the pan.
- Fresh ginger will last longer by storing it in a pot of sand.
- When making potato salad, add the dressing to warm
potatoes for the best flavor. Once cooled, the potatoes
will not absorb the dressing as well.
- Dried out coconut can be revitalized by sprinkling with
milk and letting it stand for about ten minutes.
- Sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice inside your Jack O'Lantern
to give the air a spice aroma!
- Sprinkling French toast with sesame seeds prior to cooking
provides a crunchy taste.
- Don't have a roasting pan? Make a rack out of vegetables like celery,
carrots and onion and place your chicken, turkey or roast on top.
The excess fat drips away from the meat and your pan drippings will
be more flavorful.
- Slide a strand of unwaxed dental floss--one end wrapped around the
forefingers of each hand--under fresh cookies to unstick them from
a cookie sheet. Floss also makes a clean cut through a cake for
layering. No more crumbly edges!
- For extra smooth, well-mixed oil and vinegar salad dressing: Combine
all ingredients in a screw top jar, add an ice cube and shake - then
discard what's left of the ice cube.